Monday, September 13, 2010

Introduction

Hey everyone!

I'm Ben Ledoux, I'm currently in my second year at Eastern, and my major is currently Elementary Education. Originally, I'm from Amherst, Massachusetts. I chose to go to Eastern because I had heard about it's reputation about having a great teacher education program, as well as the fact that I would be representing the third straight generation in my family to go to school at Eastern. My mom, as well as both my Grandma and Grandpa attended and graduated from Eastern.

I love music. Music has been my life as long as I can remember. I've been listening to music basically since the day I was born. My parents started me off listening to oldies music greats like The Beatles, Herman's Hermits and the like. I've expanded my library from that quite a bit, and as cliche as it is to say it, I truly love to listen to every type of music. I feel like music is something that is rooted deeply in me, no matter what genre.

Not only am I deeply rooted in the listening aspect of music, I am also an avid musician. My mom always tells this story about how when I was about three or four, I opened up all the cabinets in our kitchen, took out all the pots and pans, and then arranged them by pitch. I then proceeded to figure out how to play "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" on them. At the age of 9, I started taking drum lessons, which centered on both drum set and concert percussion. In high school, I was considered one of the better musicians in the school. I was a member of my high school's Wind Ensemble and Jazz Band, as well as being in my own rock band. I am also self taught on the piano and the guitar.

But enough about music... I love reading, writing and English in general. All my favorite classes I've ever taken have been English classes. I signed up for creative writing because it is sort of a passion of mine. I've been writing fictional short stories ever since I could write. It seems to me like everyone I've ever met has hated writing, and that isn't the case with me. Whether it's a poem, a story, or an essay, I can just sit down and grind it out, and I love it.

So,  in short, I'm super excited about taking this class this semester. Hopefully it'll exceed my expectations!

Ben L.

No comments:

Post a Comment